Both Sides Of The Gun
- Play SongWatch Video01Morning Yearning4:09
- Play Song02Waiting For You3:33
- Play Song03Picture In A Frame4:36
- Play Song04Never Leave Lonely Alone2:51
- Play Song05Sweet Nothing Serenade2:45
- Play Song06Reason To Mourn4:26
- Play Song07More Than Sorry3:24
- Play Song08Cryin' Won't Help You Now2:35
- Play Song09Happy Everafter In Your Eyes2:31
- Play SongWatch Video01Better Way3:58
- Play Song02Both Sides Of The Gun2:44
- Play Song03Engraved Invitation2:55
- Play Song04Black Rain2:57
- Play Song05Gather 'Round The Stone3:06
- Play Song06Please Don't Talk About Murder While I'm Eating2:34
- Play Song07Get It Like You Like It3:28
- Play Song08The Way You Found Me2:53
- Play Song09Serve Your Soul8:22
Total runtime: 63:47
i loaded into the boat studio (and it is shaped like a boat), the dust brother's place, with only the instruments, amps, effects, etc. that i knew would have the best chance of making the cut. was still way too much, but a lot made it on. startling to see what my house looks like without the wall to wall eccentricities.
it was great to get a chance to stretch out on some drums. they were my first instrument and i had been looking for a chance to get back to them for a while. i also knew when the task was over my head. i always look forward to working with string quartet/quintet scenarios and this record provided the opportunity to expand on that. in truth, i am a classical musician trapped in a slide guitar player.
every sequence we made before it became a double record seemed unfinished, needing more of one thing or less of another. having made records of different sounds and styles within the same record and having discovered the strength of uniformity with the blind boys of alabama, suddenly both were attainable, though methods unconventional. BOTH SIDES OF THE GUN. not a double record. side A and side B. and i'd appreciate your help in deciding which is which 'cause for me it depends on the time and place.