Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals
- Play SongWatch Video01Fight Outta You4:10
- Play SongWatch Video02In The Colors2:57
- Play Song03Fool For A Lonesome Train3:29
- Play Song04Needed You Tonight2:46
- Play Song05Having Wings3:26
- Play Song06Say You Will2:57
- Play Song07Younger Than Today3:24
- Play Song08Put It On Me3:30
- Play Song09Heart Of Matters4:30
- Play Song10Paris Sunrise #75:17
- Play Song11Lifeline4:28
Total runtime: 40:54
"Paris Sunrise #7" was GRAMMY nominated for Best Pop Instrumental Performance. More info at GRAMMY.com.
Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals and their entire organization would like to apologize to Florian Lagatta, the assistant engineer on "Lifeline." Somehow his name was accidentally left off the packaging of the record. This will be fixed on the next pressing.
I had always wanted to make a record in Paris....because it's Paris. And I had always wanted to make a record directly coming off of a tour. It just makes sense. You've got all your best equipment and your musical abilities are never as sharp or as heightened as when you've been consistently on the road.
So after 9 months of touring, and at the close of an 8 week tour of Europe, my band The Innocent Criminals and I loaded directly off the road and into an elegantly humble recording studio in Paris called "Studio Gang." The record, entitled Lifeline, was recorded and mixed in 7 days on a 16 track analog tape machine. There were no computers or pro-tools used anywhere in the process.